Baked Honeycrisp Apples with Oat, Walnut, Maple, Tahini Topping & Orange Zest
- 3 medium Honeycrisp apples
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup tahini + more for drizzling over the apples before serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Zest from 1 orange
1. Heat your oven to 350 F. In a small saucepan, add the tahini and maple syrup, cook over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring frequently until the tahini has liquified. Note: This is only necessary if you have thick/clumpy tahini. If your tahini is runny, leave this step out.
2. In a large bowl, add the rolled oats, chopped walnuts, salt, and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Add the tahini/maple mixture and olive oil. Stir well.
3. Bake the oat mixture on a lined baking sheet for 25 minutes. Remove after 20 minutes and stir for even toasting. Bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool.
4. Meanwhile slice the very tops off the apples and remove their cores using a paring knife. Roast them at 350 F in a deep lined baking pan for 45-50 minutes, or until they are tender but still holding their shape.
5. Stuff the apples with the crunchy oat topping, zest over some fresh orange, and drizzle over a little tahini. Enjoy!