Grilled Zucchini with Basil, Dill & Walnut Pesto
- 1.5 cups basil leaves (packed)
- 2 cups dill leaves (packed)
- 2 cloves of garlic – roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole walnuts – roughly chopped + 3 tbsp finely chopped walnuts to use as a topper
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (not powder form)
- 1/4 tsp salt for pesto + about ¼ tsp for seasoning the zucchini as you grill them
- 2 medium zucchini – shaved into thin but not too thin ribbons using a veggie peeler or mandoline (they should
- be about 2 mm in thickness)
- Lemon zest to taste
- In a food processor, add the dill, basil, garlic, walnuts, lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix until the herbs and nuts are finely minced. With the machine running, slowly pour in the olive oil until the pesto is completely smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the zucchini ribbons on a hot grill for about 40 seconds on each side, or until you see pronounced grill marks and the zucchini is slightly tender but still has some bite. As you cook the ribbons, season them with a little salt on one side.
- Place the grilled zucchini in a bowl and coat with a couple of tablespoons of pesto. Toss gently using your hands. Plate up the zucchini and top with some crunchy chopped walnuts and a little lemon zest. Enjoy!
Note: This quantity of zucchini makes one portion, but there is enough pesto for multiple servings, so feel free to use 6 zucchini to serve 4 people.