Farro Salad with Strawberries, Basil, Pistachios & Balsamic Dressing
- Farro, 1 cup uncooked
- Strawberries, 1.5 cups – cut into quarters
- Arugula, 2 cups – packed
- Fresh basil, 1/2 cup – leaves torn into small pieces
- Pistachios, ¼ cup – roughly chopped
- Salt, ½ tsp
- Water, 3 cups
- Balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup
- Olive oil, 1/3 cup + 4 tbsp
- Dijon mustard, 2 tsp
- Maple syrup, 1 tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Garlic, 1 small clove finely minced
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Add everything to a jar and shake well.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring the farro and water and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce the heat to low and let the grain simmer for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain the residual water and set aside so it can cool. This salad is nice when the grain is served warm.
- While the farro is cooking, prepare the salad dressing. Set aside once made.
- Chop the strawberries, tear the basil leaves, and chop the pistachios.
- Assemble the salad by spooning the farro onto a platter. In a large mixing bowl, combine the arugula, basil, and strawberries. Drizzle over some of the dressing and toss everything together gently. Top the grains with the greens/berry mixture and sprinkle over the chopped pistachios. Enjoy! This salad makes 4 servings.