Tofu Spinach & Dill “Meatballs”
- Tofu, 454 grams diced
- Fresh spinach leaves, 4 cups packed
- Red onion, 1 cup finely chopped
- Garlic, 2 medium cloves minced
- Nutritional yeast flakes, 2 tbsp
- White miso paste, 2 tbsp
- Fresh dill, 1/2 cup chopped
- Fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp salt
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp for sautéing onion/garlic/spinach + 3 tbsp for baking the balls
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375. In a food processor, mix the tofu, black pepper, nutritional yeast, white miso, chopped dill and lemon juice. Pulse on high until everything comes together. Add the tofu mixture to a large bowl.
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Wait until the pan is hot and then saute the onion for 4 minutes. Season with ¼ tsp of salt and stir frequently. Then toss in the garlic and cook for another minute. Turn down the heat to low and add the spinach. Cook for 2.5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cooked spinach to the mixing bowl with tofu. Combine everything together with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Form the mixture into 16 balls and lay them on a lined baking sheet. Coat the balls in 3 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the “meatballs” with pasta or zucchini noodles and tomato sauce. Enjoy!