Dark Chocolate & Ginger Energy Balls
Ingredients (makes 16 balls):
- Dark chocolate, 100 grams (I used a 70% cacao bar chopped into small pieces)
- Natural almonds, 1.5 cups
- Pitted dates, 2 cups
- Fresh ginger, 2 tsp finely minced
- Hemp seeds or chia seeds, 5 tbsp
- Cacao powder, 2 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon, ½ tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Soak the pitted dates in warm water for about 20 minutes to help them soften, making it easier to mix into a paste using your food processor.
- In a food processor, add the almonds, cacao powder, cinnamon, salt, and chopped up chocolate. Mix on high for a few seconds until everything comes together into a chunky crumb. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- To your food processor, add the soaked dates (minus soaking water) with minced ginger. Mix on high until the dates form a paste.
- Add the date mixture to the almond mixture in the large bowl. Use your hands to mix/kneed everything together until it forms a dough.
- Roll into 16 balls. Coat the balls with either hemp seeds or chia seeds or a mix of both. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to let the energy balls solidify. Enjoy! Note: Keep these guys stored in the fridge or freezer.