Zucchini Pasta with Hemp Pesto & Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Zucchini, 2 medium (4 cups of zucchini noodles)
- Cherry tomatoes, 1 bunch (9-10 tomatoes)
- Fresh basil, 2.5 cups
- Hemp seeds, 1/4th cup (for pesto) + 1 tbsp of garnish
- Fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Garlic, 2 tsp minced (2 small cloves)
- Nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp
- Hemp oil, 4 tbsp (for pesto)
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp (for roasting tomatoes)
- Salt, ¼ tsp (for roasting tomatoes) + 1/2 tsp for pesto
- Heat your oven to 400. Coat the vine cherry tomatoes in olive oil, and ¼ tsp of salt. Roast them on a baking sheet for 25-minutes until tender and slightly caramelized.
- In a food processor, add the basil leaves, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, hemp seeds, hemp oil, and ½ tsp of salt. Mix well until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- Using a spiralizer or julienne peeler, peel 2 medium zucchini into a noodle shape.
- Add the zucchini ‘pasta’ to a mixing bowl and mix in a few tablespoons of pesto. I used my hands to massage the pesto into the zucchini noodles, ensuring that each strand of zucchini was coated.
- Plate up the zucchini ‘pasta’ with some sweet and slightly acidic roasted cherry tomatoes (which balances the dish!), and a sprinkling of hemp seeds. Enjoy!