String Beans and Pea with Toasted Almonds, Za’atar & Garlicky Lemon Dressing
- Green string beans, 4 cups
- Yellow string beans, 4 cups
- Sugar snap peas, 2 cups
- Snow peas, 2 cups
- Slivered almonds, ¼ cup – toasted in a dry frying pan
- Lemon zest, from ½ lemon (to finish the dish)
- Salt, ½ tsp
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Za’atar, to sprinkle lightly over the dish
- Fresh lemon juice, 4 tbsp
- Olive oil, 1/4 cup
- Maple syrup, 1/2 tsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp for dressing
- Garlic, 2 cloves minced
- Za’atar, 1/2 tbsp
- Cut off the ends of the green/yellow string beans. Leave the peas as is.
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Toss the mixed beans and peas in olive oil and salt. Roast them for 25-30 minutes on two lined baking sheets.
- Meanwhile, make the salad dressing by combining the ingredients in a jar, and shaking well. Set aside.
- In a dry frying pan, toast the almonds on medium-high heat until they are golden and crunchy. Keep an eye on them and stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Plate up the roasted beans and peas, lightly coat in some of the dressing, sprinkle over the toasted almonds, and za’atar and zest over a little lemon. Enjoy!