Protein-Packed Bean & Quinoa Salad with Lime Cumin Dressing
- Black beans, 1.5-cups cooked (canned is fine, just rinse them well!)
- Quinoa, 1-cup raw
- Shelled edamame, 1.5 cups defrosted
- Coriander leaves, 1/2 cup roughly chopped
- Pumpkin seeds, 1/4th cup – dry toasted in a frying pan
- Salt, 1/2 tsp for cooking quinoa + ½ tsp for cooking edamame
- Lime juice, 4 tbsp
- Olive oil, 1/4th cup
- Cumin powder, 1/2 tsp
- Maple syrup, 1/2 tsp
- Garlic, 1 tsp finely minced
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Make the dressing by combining the ingredients in a jar, and shaking well to combine. Set aside.
Steam the edamame in salted water for 3 minutes. Strain them, and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Cook the quinoa by boiling 1-cup of quinoa, with 1.5-cups of water and ½ tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, covered, and cook for 15-minutes. Once cooked, allow to cool, then add the quinoa to your mixing bowl along with the edamame, and the cooked black beans.
- In a dry frying pan, toast the pumpkin seeds over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Remove them from the heat once they are golden and aromatic, and let them cool. (You will hear them starting to pop on the stove, that’s when they’re ready!)
- Chop the coriander leaves, and add them to your mixing bowl. Drizzle over a few tablespoons of dressing, and top with a handful of toasted pumpkin seeds.