Muhammara-inspired Roasted Red Pepper Dip
– Red bell pepper, 2 large-size
– Garlic, 1 medium clove minced
– Pomegranate molasses, 1 tbsp
– Chili powder, 1/2 tsp
– Cumin, 1/2 tsp
– Olive oil, 2 tbsp
– Walnuts, 1/2 cup
– **Whole wheat/grain breadcrumbs, 3/4 cup
– Salt, ½ tsp
- Roast the peppers in the oven on a baking tray at 400 for 35-40 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking, until they are tender and the skins have blackened on each side.
- Once the peppers have cooled down, remove most of the skins and the inner seeds.
- Place the roasted peppers in a food process along with the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until mostly creamy with some texture. Enjoy!
**To make the breadcrumbs: Place 1 whole wheat pita in a food processor and pulse until the bread turns into a chunky crumb. Bake the crumbs at 350 for about 6 minutes. Let them cool before adding to the dip mix.