Chickpea & Spinach Tahini Stew with Turmeric Quinoa
- Cooked chickpeas, 2 cups
- Fresh spinach, 4 cups
- Passata, 3 cups
- Water, 2 cups for the quinoa + ¼ cup for the chickpea stew
- Tahini, 2 tbsp
- Garlic, 2 cloves minced
- Red onion, 1 cup chopped
- Chili powder, 2 tsp
- Curry powder, 2 tsp
- Turmeric, ½ tsp
- Fresh coriander, 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Raw white quinoa, 1 cup
- Salt, ½ tsp + ¼ tsp for the quinoa and ½ tsp for the chickpea stew
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- In a large saucepan, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Saute the chopped onion for 6-minutes, stirring every minute or so, until translucent. Add ½ tsp of salt and some cracked black pepper.
- Add the minced garlic and stir, cook for 1-minute. Then add the chili powder, and curry powder. Stir and cook for 30-seconds before adding in the passata and water.
- Mix in the chickpeas and stir. Turn down the heat to low, and cook for 10-minutes covered. Stirring the mixture every minute or so.
- Toss in the spinach and stir. Cook the spinach down for 5 minutes, covered. Then mix in the tahini. Cover the saucepan and turn off the heat.
- In a medium size saucepan, heat up 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water and ½ tsp + ¼ tsp of salt. Bring the quinoa to a boil over high heat and then reduce it to low heat, cook for 15 minutes. Once cooked, turn off the heat and stir in the turmeric powder. Cover the saucepan, allowing the spice to infuse into the quinoa for 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Add the chopped coriander to the quinoa and mix well.
Serve up! Add some chickpea stew to a bowl, along with turmeric quinoa and enjoy!