Kohlrabi & Carrot Sesame Salad with Lime & Ginger Dressing.
This delicious and nutritious salad celebrates the humble, and seasonal Kohlrabi – a versatile vegetable, that is part of the brassica family (along with broccoli, kale, cauliflower etc.). Once peeling the beautiful kohlrabi, please do not toss away the green tops – as they can be chopped up and sautéed, or added to soups/stews – like Collard greens or Swiss chard. The toasted sesame and cashews, provide protein and heart-healthy fats – along with crunch! I highly recommend purchasing a spiralizer or julienne peeler – which is an essential kitchen tool for making this salad, and other creative vegetable-based dishes. Hope you enjoy this nutrient-dense, satisfying and sustainable recipe fam! If you try it at home, do leave your review in a comment below!
- Kohlrabi, 3 bulbs – peeled and spiralized
- Carrots, 3 small – spiralized or julienned
- Scallion tops, 1/4 cup chopped
- Radishes, 3 – shaved on a mandoline
- Coriander, 1/2 cup loose leaves
- Cashews, 1/4 cup – toasted in a dry skillet (Note: If you allergic to cashews, simply leave out)
- Sesame seeds, 1/4 cup – toasted in a dry skillet
- Lime, juice from 2 limes
- Apple cider vinegar, 3 tbsp
- Braggs soy sauce or tamari, 4 tbsp
- Maple syrup, 3 tbsp
- Sesame oil, 2 drops (it’s strong stuff!!)
- Ginger, 2 tsp – minced
- White miso, 1 tbsp
- Sriracha/hot sauce – to taste
- Kohlrabi is packed with vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
- Carrots are rich in vitamins A, C K, potassium, and fiber.
- Cashews are a complete protein source, and a source of healthy monounsaturated fats, omega fats, calcium, magnesium, and fiber.
- Sesame seeds are PACKED with iron, magnesium, calcium, B-6, heart-healthy fats, protein, and fiber.