Silken Tofu Chocolate Pudding with Raspberries and Spice & Seed.
So excited to share this new food product I am making, Spice & Seed – A Super Seed Topper that you can sprinkle on anything. Learn more below!
This creamy, and delicious protein-packed chocolate pudding is fantastic when you want a simple, satisfying healthy dessert. Silken tofu can be easily stored in your pantry, so there is no stress about it going bad. Getting good quality cacao powder makes all the difference in the recipe, as it masks the subtle taste of tofu, while adding most of the flavour to the dessert. Maple syrup is my go-to sweetener, being an unrefined lower-glycemic sweetener that blends beautifully with most ingredients. If you are looking for a nourishing high protein, lower fat dessert – this is a tasty combo that everyone (even kids!) will enjoy, regardless of whether or not they are a fan of tofu. P.s If you try the dish at home, please leave your review in a comment below! Happy healthy eating fam.🌿
- Firm Silken tofu, organic/gmo-free (plane), 1 box (makes 2 servings) / available in most supermarkets & health food stores!
- Maple syrup, 3 tbsp (taste and adjust to personal preference – I don’t like it too sweet)
- Dark Cacao powder, 4 tablespoons
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries, handful
- Spice & Seed, 3 tablespoons
1. Blend the ingredients until smooth, using a food processor.
2. Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 1-hour.
3. Enjoy with fresh raspberries or strawberries and sweet/salty/slightly smoky crunchy Spice & Seed! My new plant-based product, that I make by hand – which you can find online – and in a few local shops. Designed to offer plenty of flavour, texture and whole plant nutrition to all of your dishes.
- Tofu is packed with protein, and is a source of potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- Concerned about health effects of soy? This article by Harvard School of Public Health is very informative.
- Raspberries are rich in vitamin C, magnesium, fiber, and are a lower glycemic (less sugars) fruit.
- Spice & Seed is composed of 5 seeds: Black and white sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, Buckwheat groats, and hemp seeds (rich in omega 3&6 fatty acids!), a mixture of 5 savoury spices, pure maple syrup, and gmo-free/gluten-free soy sauce. Providing heart-healthy fats, protein, fibre, and essential vitamins and minerals (like iron and calcium!).
Spice & Seed is now available at Delphi Variety (221 Avenue Fairmount O, Mile-End Montréal) AND Hello Mellow (171 Harbord St, Toronto Ontario)
Find more silken tofu recipes here:
- Butternut squash bowl with silken tofu yogurt & Cranberry Granola
- Poached pears with silken tofu cream and maple candied walnuts
- Breakfast of toasted buckwheat with silken tofu yogurt, fig and orange