Whole Roasted Spiced Celeriac with Pomegranate & Parsley.
This whole food dish is my plant-based take on a classic holiday roast! Celebrating celeriac – a delicious and nutritious root vegetable that is often overlooked. Seasoned in warming spices, and topped with fresh parsley, and bright sweet pomegranate seeds – this is a satisfying, flavorful, nutrient-dense seasonal winter recipe!
– 1 Medium Celeriac
– 1 Pomegranate
– 1 Small bunch of flat leaf parsley
– 1 Lemon, juice/zest
– Braggs aminos (or Tamari), 4 tbsp
– Olive oil, 2 tbsp
– Five Spice powder, 1 tsp
– Chili powder, 1 tbsp
– Cumin, 1 tbsp
– Smoked paprika, small pinch
– Salt & Cracked black pepper
1. Cut the rough outer layer of the celeriac, leaving the vegetable whole. Note: See how to prep celeriac here!
2. In a bowl, mix the spices, salt, cracked pepper and olive oil.
3. Coat the celeriac with the spice mix, and wrap in tin foil. Place it on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 400 for 1 hour. Uncover the celeriac and let it cook for another 20 minutes at 350, allowing the outside to brown.
4. Once cooked, zest a little lemon over the celeriac, and squeeze on some of the juice. Sprinkle on the sweet pomegranate seeds, fresh chopped parsley. Slice into pieces and enjoy!
– Celeriac is a good source of vitamin C, potassium, fiber and contains iron and calcium.
– Pomegranate seeds are packed with Vitamin C, K, E, B vitamins, and contain iron, calcium, magnesium potassium, zinc, and fiber.