Seasonal Spiced Cranberry Ketchup with Baked Celeriac Chips.
Ketchup can be made using different sweet fruits and vegetables, not only tomatoes!
– Fresh cranberries (organic is preferable being a thin skinned fruit), 2 cups
– Chili powder, 1 tsp
– Cumin, 1 tsp
– Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp
– Smoked paprika, small pinch
– Salt, small pinch
– Maple syrup, 2 tbsp
- In a large pot, lightly toast the spices before adding in the washed cranberries.
- Pour in enough water to cover the cranberries. Bring to a boil, covered, and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, until the berries are cooked down.
- Turn off the heat, and let the mixture cool before blending it smooth using a blender or food processor.
- Store in a glass jar or squeeze bottle. Enjoy!
– Cranberries are packed with Vitamin C, E, K, manganese and fiber. Making your own ketchup from ingredients is healthier than the conventional store-bought ketchup, which is typically made from high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, salt, spices, tomato concentrate, vinegar, and ‘flavouring’.