Sautéed Asparagus, Dill White Bean Puree & Walnuts
- Asparagus, 1 small bunch (8-9 spears) fibrous bottoms chopped off
- White beans (cannellini or white kidney beans), 2 cups cooked
- Garlic, 2 cloves minced
- Walnuts, 1/4 cup
- White miso paste, 1 tbsp
- Tahini, 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Lemon zest from ½ lemon
- Fresh dill, ¼ cup chopped + 1 tbsp chopped for garnish
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp for cooking the asparagus + 2 tbsp for the white bean puree
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Toast the walnuts on medium heat in a dry frying pan for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool, then chop them into small pieces.
- In a food processor, combine the cooked beans, miso, 1/4 cup dill, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix on high until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the asparagus. Season it with ¼ tsp of salt. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until the asparagus is tender and slightly browned.
- Dollop some of the white bean puree onto a plate and top it with a few asparagus spears. Sprinkle over the crunchy toasted walnuts and zest over some lemon. Garnish with chopped dill and enjoy!