Hemp & Cashew Cream ‘Cheese’ on Toast with Smoked Carrot & Dill
- Hemp seeds, ½ cup
- Raw cashews, 1 cup
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- White miso paste, 1 tbsp
- Nutritional yeast, 1/4th cup
- Water, 4 tbsp
Smoke Carrot Ingredients:
- Carrot, 1 large
- Hickory liquid smoke, ½ tsp (I use a Woodland brand)
- Fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Soak the raw cashews overnight in warm water, so that they soften, and become easy to blend into a creamy texture.
- Drain the cashews, and add them to a high-powered blender or food processor. Then add the hemp seeds, white miso paste, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and water. Mix everything until smooth. You will have to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of your processor or blender, for even mixing.
- Place the cashew/hemp ‘cheese’ in the fridge to let it set and firm-up for 1-hour.
- To make the smoked carrot ‘lox’, shave 1 large carrot into a bowl with a veggie peeler. Marinate the carrot ribbons in ½ tsp of hickory liquid smoke, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, and ¼ tsp of salt. Let the carrot marinate for 15-minutes, allowing it to get tender and soak up all the flavour.
- Top a piece of seedy whole grain bread with some hemp/cashew cheese, a few pieces of smoked carrot, and some fresh dill. Add cracked black pepper to taste. Enjoy!