Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots with Pistachios & Salt.
Melt the dark chocolate over a double-boiler (see method here). And prepare a baking tray lined with wax paper, or a baking mat (so that the chocolate doesn’t stick!).
Dip the apricots in the melted dark chocolate.
Sprinkle over the pistachios and sea salt.
Place in the freeze for about 10-20 minutes, to let the chocolate harden.
Store in the fridge or freezer, to keep fresh!
This simple 4-ingredient plant-based dessert is composed of nutritious ingredients, and is quick and easy to prepare. These apricots make a wonderful edible gift – a real crowd-pleaser! Inspired by middle-eastern flavors, which often feature pistachios and dried fruit – I wanted to create a sweet and salty bite, with multiple textures. Naturally ‘packaged’ in individual bites, you can enjoy 2 or 3 chocolate-dipped apricots and feel satisfied!
- 2 cups, dried apricots (I used sulphured apricots, but you can also use un-sulphured apricots which are a darker brown color)
- 1 bar of fair trade dark chocolate 85%
- 1/4th cup, pistachios
- Big pinch of sea salt
- Apricots are rich in vitamins A, E, K, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium,and fiber.
- Pistachios are a good source of vitamins A, E, K, B vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, fiber, unsaturated healthy fats, and protein.
- Dark chocolate contains vitamins K, B vitamins, Calcium iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. Intended to be eaten occasionally, in small quantities.