Asian Glazed Roasted Carrots, Toasted Sesame Seeds & Coriander.
– Organic carrots
(Organic is typically tastier! Please don’t peel the skins – they contain most of the nutrients!)
– Soy sauce, 4 tbsp
– Pomegranate molasses, 2 tbsp
– Blackstrap molasses, 1 tbsp
– Fresh orange, 1/2 orange
– Small knob of ginger, minced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1-inch knob ginger, minced
– 1 tbsp white miso (organic/GMO-free)
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– Sriracha, to taste
1. Heat the oven to 350-400 degrees. Coat the carrots in the marinade. Evenly spread them onto a tinfoil lined baking sheet, minus the residual marinade.
2. Roast for 30 minutes or until the carrots are caramelized on the outside, and tender on the inside while maintaining some bite.
3. Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet. Set aside.
4. Once the carrots are ready, brush them with more of the leftover marinade, to soak up extra flavor.
5. Plate the carrots and sprinkling over the toasted sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
– Carrots are an amazing source of vitamins A, C, K, B vitamins, manganese and fiber.
– Sesame seeds are high in B vitamins, iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, healthy unsaturated & omega fats, protein and fiber.
– Coriander is packed with vitamins A, C, K, B vitamins, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and fiber.